The American Society of Hand Therapists is an approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by the AOTA.
This continuing education activity offers a maximum of 27 continuing education hours, or 2.7 CEUs. This total includes the Pre-Conference Institutes (maximum of 4 contact hours), and the Annual Meeting program (maximum of 23 contact hours).
The New York State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy recognizes ASHT as an approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education.
This course is offered for 27.0 hours of continuing competency by the Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice (Provider # 50-21906)
This course is offered for 27.0 hours of continuing education credits by the New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners (Course Approval # 1708-72)
This course is offered for 27.0 hours of continuing education credits by the Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners (Course Approval # PTCE012801)
ProCert, operated by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT), has awarded certification in the amount of 23 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs) to this activity. CCUs are a unit of relative value of an activity based on its evaluation against a rigorous and comprehensive set of standards representing the quality of an activity. The CCU determination is a valuation applying many factors including, but not limited to, duration of the activity. No conclusion should be drawn that CCUs correlate to time (i.e. hours).
Activities certified by the FSBPT are accepted by the following jurisdictions:
|District of Colombia||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Illinois||Indiana|
|Nebraska||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Puerto Rico||South Carolina|
The following PT Boards accept courses provided by other state PT boards*:
|Ohio||Oklahoma||Rhode Island||South Dakota||Washington||Minnesota|
*Disclaimer: The American Society of Hand Therapists provides this list for your convenience. At the time of listing, the following state boards accept courses by virtue of approval by other organizations. It is the responsibility of the participant registering for a course to check with their state board to confirm rules and regulations regarding acceptance of contact hours for live and online courses. (http://www.fsbpt.org/FreeResources/LicensingAuthoritiesContactInformatio...)
Additional applications have recently been submitted to Pennsylvania and Texas. Determination of credit is pending.
Should you use the ASHT Annual Meeting in your state PT recertification process, ASHT will reimburse up to $100** of the cost of the application process. Please send ASHT a copy of your state PT Continuing Education application to receive this reimbursement. Please contact ASHT at email@example.com or call 856-380-6856 for more information.
**This reimbursement applies only to the first person to apply within each state. Subsequent applicants will not be charged by their state for filing.
CERTIFIED HAND THERAPISTS
This course is accepted by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission toward re-certification.
To enter the professional development hours you have earned for the ASHT Annual Meeting:
Go to the HTCC website, www.htcc.org.
- On the HTCC homepage, under the Recognized Specialist in Hand Therapy banner (upper right corner), click CHTs Login Here.
- Enter your CHT ID# and your password in the login field (this may be your CHT number again or a password you created) and click Enter. Your CHT ID# will always be used in the login field. Your CHT ID# is 10 digits long.
- Once logged in to “CHTs Only,” click “Enter Professional Development Hours” and then click “Category A: Formal Courses in Upper Quarter Therapy, Greater Than 3 Hours.”
- Enter your Professional Development hours onto the form and then scroll to bottom of page and click “Submit” to capture your information.
- Email or fax the certificate to HTCC at 866-329-1476 toll free, (international attendees 916-922-0210) or email your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact HTCC at email@example.com.
The American Society of Hand Therapists is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
Beginning on Tuesday, October 17th attendees will receive a link to create their CE transcript. Attendees will also be able to provide feedback to speakers on the sessions they attended. They will have up to one year to complete the CE transcript. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Have paid the registration fee
2. Attend their chosen sessions in their entirety
3. Complete an online evaluation form after the conference. CE certificates will be available immediately upon submission of evaluation form
Attendees should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.